martedì 1 luglio 2008

The Quest for a Construction Site

I chose the boat (Wharram - Tiki 21).
The friends gifted me the construction plans.
Let's look for the shed and the construction will start soon.

I currently live in Milan, Italy, a big city where people live in small apartments without a personal garden. The search for a shed it won't be easy.

Starting from February the search for the construction site is officially open. These are my requirements:

- enough space, at least 7x3 meters! (prefereably 7x5)
- a shelter to the rain would be great
- electric power
- cheap!
- close to where I live


The search lasted for a very long time. I tried several approaches, from the cultural associations to the farms, from the abandoned factories to the oratories. The answer was always the same: "Man, you have passion and building a boat is a big challenge, yet it would not be great to have you here around for a long time, making noise and who knows what else!" 

Then I asked to the friends of AIVA CVC (the member's association of Centro Velico Caprera) and finally I received a positive answer from a gentle lady who owns a house in the countryside near Milan.
A house, a personal garden, it seems we've got it!















that's one of the place were I asked for "hospitality": a breeding farm of peacocks

Nessun commento: